We rely primarily on the kind and generous support of our volunteers to operate. If you would like to get involved in becoming a part of CCNB through volunteering, you can find more information below.
Become a volunteer driver:
- As a driver you can choose to do as many days a week as you wish and choose which hospitals you are prepared to drive to.
- You will be required to use your own car and we will need to know how big it is, in case the patient has any equipment such as a walking frame.
- You will need to let your insurance company know if you are a volunteer driver.
- We pay 45p a mile and provide a lunch allowance where applicable.
- All drivers will be DBS checked and will need to provide references.
Support our clubs and activities:
We have a number of opportunities for those wishing to volunteer to help us. These include:
- Helping at the Young Carers Club night which is held on Fridays
- Helping with driving Young Carers to their club night
- Sitting and talking to those using the Adult Carers group and/or Open House
- Helping with fundraising
If you are interested in helping to support our clubs and activities we would love to hear from you. Please complete the form below to register your interest and someone will get back to you shortly.
Alternatively, you can phone any of the leaders mentioned in our services section.