This document explains how Community Care North Bucks uses data about volunteers and service users in North Bucks.
Why do we need your information?
We are a local registered charity that aims to meet the needs of the vulnerable, elderly and lonely people in North Bucks. To that end we provide the following services:
• Adult Carers Support Group
• Young Carers Youth Club and Support Group
• Open House
• Hospital Car service
To enable us to run these services we need to collect certain pieces of data:
Whose data do we collect?
We hold data on all our volunteers, service users and on those who have given us financial or other support.
How we obtain your data?
The majority of the information we hold about you has been provided directly to us by you. In some cases we may collect data from someone else. Examples include Local Authority Caring Agencies and GP surgeries.
What we do with your data?
The core purposes of our data processing are to:
• Enable us to administer Young Carers, Adult Carers, Open House and the Hospital Car Service.
• Ensure volunteers are properly inducted and supported and matching volunteers with the services we provide.
• Administer our membership.
• Ensure vulnerable service users are treated appropriately.
• Ensure we know how you prefer to be contacted.
• Provide you with information about the work of the Charity.
We collect the following classes of information:
• Names and postal addresses, email addresses, phone numbers and other relevant contact details.
• Dates of birth where applicable for example young carers
• Relevant family or friend’s information including next of kin.
• Bank account details if required for expenses
• Any other information you have asked us to retain.
Protecting your data
We are committed to protecting your privacy and promise to respect your personal information and will do all we can to keep it safe. We aim to be clear about how we obtain your details and only use those details in ways you would reasonably expect.
In the main we keep your data on computers with appropriate safety mechanisms in place and password protected. Where data is not held on a computer it will be kept in a secure place.
We will not share your details with anyone else without your permission.
The law requires us to tell you the basis on which we process your data.
Some activities require your consent. If the law requires your consent to process data in a certain way then we will obtain it before carrying out that activity.
In all other cases the law allows us to process your data if it is in our legitimate interest to do so, but only so long as we need to and your “interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms are not overriding”. Practically speaking, this means we will check that we will not cause you harm by processing your data, that the processing is not overly intrusive and that we will only do so in a way which is described in this privacy notice.
We will keep data for as long as is needed to complete the task for which it was collected.
You have a variety of rights about the way we process your data. These are as follows:
• Where our use of your data requires consent, you may withdraw consent at any time
• Where we rely on our legitimate interest to process data, you may ask us to stop doing so.
• You may request a copy of the data we hold.
• You may change or stop the way in which we communicate with you or process data about you and if it is not required for the purpose you provided it then we will do so.
• If you are not satisfied with the way we process your data then you can complain to the Office of the Information Commissioner.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, about the way in which we process your data or if you wish to change the way we use your data, including how we communicate with you then please write to:
Community Care North Bucks
22 Holton Road,
Buckingham, MK18 1PQ